Friday, September 26, 2014

Things crazy people say


I know it has been awhile, but I absolutely needed to share this. So my Mother has problems with reality. Not the kind of problems most people have with it. She just lives in a different one than most of us. 

If you have a family member like this, let me just say: don't you wish they came with a manual? A special dictionary of what to say to those pesky problems they keep having? 

My Mom called me today, from what I can tell about other people this could be a good or bad thing. But for me, it is always an adventure when she calls. Here is what she is calling me about:


  • Some invisible person named "William or possibly Chad" is sending her invisible messages.
  • A person, who she believes to be dead, is sending her messsages from outer space straight to her TV, "apparently they can do that now." 
  • Also, this "person" who is sending messages from space likes to turn her TV into a radio. Evidently, he had this superpower while he was alive as well. And he could do it from his phone. He did everything from his phone.
  • She would like a heater, a coat, and an electric blanket because the temperatures are now around 75 degrees - she is freezing! (Finally, something I can actually do something about!)
  • She is being treated like a prisoner here, and her circles keep getting smaller and smaller.

I know what you are thinking, because I am sure somewhere in here I have special mind powers ;)

You are thinking, what do you say when loved ones say things like this to you? They are obviously under duress about these horrible tortures they are daily living through. I came up with, "I am sorry to hear about that." Boring, I know.

Sure, I thought about saying, "Oh, let me send a cool message to your TV about how much I love you!" But somehow, I am certain this would backfire. I thought about the whole tinfoil hat thing, but let's face it - has that EVER worked? I am not sure tinfoil is up to keeping out invisible people and their invisible messages. 



How could it possibly backfire? I would probably get a call next week about how her whole little duplex house is covered with aluminum foil. It would end up being some sort of invisible evil mastermind plan to keep her from getting to her bank account, or "someone" was trying to prove she is crazy. 

Pshaw! Perish the thought! Friends just don't let friends use tinfoil if it won't work. That is wasteful, and would look downright awful.

I am most certainly open to suggestions that will help with this problem. If you have invisible people doing invisible things to you, what helps? What makes it worse? Also, if you believe your meds have been somehow turned into candy, because they obviously have been, how can you prove that they aren't candy? Also, how does she prove that she "isn't having blackouts" since the very definition of blackouts is you don't remember them at all?

Any help you can recommend would be great! Thank you invisible friends, for your invisible greetings of joy and happiness to my Mom. Please don't send invisible negative messages though, because I don't know how to delete negative invisible messages. Plus, it upsets her, who would freaking do that!


No comments:

Post a Comment