Monday, November 3, 2014

Another reason I LOVE kids!

Baby Pebbles
It was November 2, 2014, Sunday, All Souls Day at 9am mass.

I am kneeling in the pew, and praying to the Holy Spirit to help me collect myself because I have had 3 hours sleep over the past couple of days and I am sketchy. After a few prayers, I sit back and relax and enjoy the peace and anticipation.

Behind me, and three people over, there is this beautiful looking baby. I will call her Pebbles, she is looking squee worthy with her cute little thingys in her hair, her huge eyes taking in the world, and she is baby talking loudly. She isn't crying, but wow, I am a smidge hard of hearing and there were a few times I cringed at the decibel! Soo, freakin, cute!

Then a little boy, I will name him Jax, who looks to be about 4 years old, sits down next to my hubby. After maybe a minute he says, "You sound just like my baby brother! He sounds like a dinosaur too." I try so hard not to laugh, I really really do. I do not even look their way because I know the squee worthy cuteness will overwhelm me.

I close my eyes, and sit peacefully while I hear, "Ow, I hate it when baby's bite my finger." I think to myself, "Is this a thing? Are babies rampaging throught the streets biting unwary fingers? Just how often does this happen?" Then Jax says, "That really hurt, but it's okay. You want to bite my finger again? You can bite it if you want to."

Way to have boundaries Jax! How about just keeping your digits away from the baby's mouth? I mean, it isn't like they are 300 lb wrestlers. In fact, they can do very little - unless you look directly in their eyes. Then just say goodbye to your common sense, you too will be saying, "Aww, you like to bite my finger? Okay, if it makes you happy." The power of The Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment